Skip to form

City of Baraboo

101 South Blvd., Baraboo, WI, 53913, US



Hello Applicant. You are about to apply for a license to conduct or manage an outdoor exhibition, show, amusement, carnival, circus, parade, lecture, speech or assembly, concert or musical entertainment. For downtown events on the Square between April 15 and October 31, the Farmer's Market has EXCLUSIVE rights to the 500 block of Oak Street and the 100 block of 4th Avenue on Wednesdays and Saturdays. A license is not required for any private party, picnic or gathering where the general public is not invited.

The City is still recommending that you review the Sauk County Public Health Dept.’s recommendation for Hosting Outdoor Events Safely prior to submitting your application. These guidelines can be found here:

The license application fee is $150.00 but is automatically waived if the event is being held by a tax exempt organization. Payment of the application fee is required for the application to be processed by the City. Payment options include: online, US mail, or in person.

Applications are due 30-calendar days before the event if the event involves the public right-of-way, such as a street closure, or if the applicant will be requesting a waiver of the City's costs; All other applications are due at least 14-calendar days before the event.

** NEW FOR 2022:
  • Applicants requesting public right-of-way closures must meet with City Staff within 7 days of submitting their application. The amendments defines “public right-of-way” to include highways, streets, alleys, sidewalks and public parking lots located within the City of Baraboo. Please contact Tom Pinion or Brenda Zeman at 608-355-2700 within 7 days of submitting your application.
  • For all approved public right-of- way closures, within five calendar days of the event, the applicants must notify all owners/occupants on the public right of way or portion thereof, that is requested to be closed. The notice must include the event, the date, and the time the streets are to be closed. Notices must be delivered to each owner and occupant of property located on or adjacent to the closed public right-of-way. A copy of this notification must be submitted with the original Special Event permit application. The applicant must then make such notification within five days of the event and provide the City with affirmation of such notice

Before beginning this application, you should obtain the following to upload with your application:
  • Insurance certificate naming the City of Baraboo as an additional insured with limits of $300,000 per injury or death of one person, $50,000 property damage, and $1M coverage for the event (required)
  • A detailed map showing the affected areas (required). You can find a map of downtown Baraboo in the "Maps" section of the City's website.
  • If you are requesting public right-of-way closures, it's required that you attach a copy of the notification for all owners/occupants on the public right of way or portion thereof if you are requesting be closed.
  • Promotional brochures, posters or other material

Applicants are required to pay for an extraordinary City's services provided by the City for an event if the total cost for the City services is $500 or more. Applicants may request a waiver of these costs.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring they have any other necessary licenses and permits prior to the event.

Good luck and if you have any questions about this application, please contact the Baraboo City Clerk at 608-355-2700.
Please check that you agree before continuing.
By continuing I agree that I am willing to complete a digital version of the document(s) and that information about my user session will be stored.
I.N.Will Update Upon Signing
Signature HereTom Pinion Will Sign Here
Signature HereRob Sinden Will Sign Here
Signature HereKevin Stieve Will Sign Here
Signature HereParks, Recreation & Forestry Director Will Sign Here
Signature HereCity Administrator Will Sign Here
Signature HereClick to Sign
06/22/2024Click to Sign
Signature HereJohn Statz Will Sign Here

Create Your Signature

Please fill in your name and email and then either draw or type your signature below.


Signature Type

Type Draw Upload Custom
Clear Signature

Signature will be applied to the page. You will have a chance to review after signing.

Check this box to continue


Additional Signatures Required

Insurance Certificate Click Here to Upload
If you are requesting closure of a public right-of-way, a copy of the notice you will be providing to business owners and/or tenants must be attached. Click Here to Upload